Announcing the winners of the inaugural Quay Words Trading Places Flash Fiction competition
After judging over 100 entries from across the South West, we’re pleased to announce the six winners of the Trading Places Flash Fiction competition.
Young writers in two age categories were tasked with producing very short pieces of creative writing, 250 words for 14-18 year olds and 500 words for 10-14 year olds. Three talented young writers have placed first, second and third in each category. They have won cash prizes and publication in the forthcoming Quay Voices #1 Anthology of new writing from Exeter Custom House. The winners were:
10 -14 years
- 1st place: Reuben T., aged 11: Trading Places - read it here.
- 2nd place: Mohamed Y., age 12, Run to the Shops - read it here.
- 3rd place: Harry G., aged 12: Say the Magic Word - read it here.
- 1st place: Holly E aged 16: Concrete Purgatory - read it here
- 2nd place: Filippo R., age 17: At Ivory Hall - read it here.
- 3rd place: Jessica A., aged 16: The Different Sizes of Infinity - read it here
On 24th July the winners will take part in a prize-giving ceremony with the much-loved children’s author Michael Morpurgo. In addition to the prize money their winning entries will be published in the first Quay Words Anthology, Quay Voices #1, which will be published on 26th July and available to buy from Impress Books.